Discussion #2 in General Chat Forum

• Discussion #2 in General Chat Forum

Posted by Megan on March 27, 2023 at 11:19 am

Adding another post so we can see how they display in the discussion page.

Emily replied 2 weeks, 2 days ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Emily

April 8, 2024 at 10:25 am

Hi there! Im still figuring out this app and how it works – and loving it – but wasn’t sure where I could post a general question.

Im curious about extended milking for my does. This kidding season will be their second kidding and I’d like to do extended milking with them. I’ve heard many people say they will milk their does for up to 2 years. Do they rebreed after the 2 years? Or is the doe then retired? I’d love to hear from anyone who has experience with extended milking. I’d like to know the pros and cons ☺️

thanks so much!

• theholisticgoat

Organizer
      April 8, 2024 at 2:03 pm

Hey Emily! I’ve never done extended milking myself, but does are rebred when production gets low enough to warrant.

Posting here is fine, but you can go to any “feed” section of any group and post there, which will show up like posts do on FB. Feed posts will slide down the page with new activity. Forums will too, but can be found again more easily for longer term topics. Either way works!

Here’s a feed for this group. It should be the first page you see when you go to Groups, then select a group: https://theholisticgoat.com/groups/general-chat/

• Emily

April 8, 2024 at 2:58 pm

Oh gotcha! Thank you ☺️ I reposted this question into the goat milking group.